Friday, July 29, 2016

Dinner Menu: Week of 7.24

Have ya'll ever heard of The Fresh Market grocery store? I used to never shop there since the prices seemed pretty exorbitant, but this summer the prices on produce have been pretty good! An organic avocado for .78? Don't mind if I do! They also have what's called Little Big Meals. These used to be a meal that they had every Thursday, and it was the same meal for a month. Now, they do a different meal each week, but have it every day! Instead of spending $30 on a complete meal, it's always $20, and you get all the ingredients to make a complete meal, including dessert! I don't do it all the time, but in a pinch it's really helpful and it's introduced us to some new flavors I would otherwise not have thought to buy!

So, we did that on Tuesday because they also have $2.99/lb hormone free chicken breasts AND ground chuck....which I used to make the tacos you see below. I buy a few pounds of each, and freeze them for future use...that way I'm not making weekly trips to the store! I also buy organic ground beef from Costco but this is a nice supplement and I know I'm still getting good quality meat!

Sunday: Tacos
Monday: Skillet pork shops, baked potato and peas
Tuesday: Angel hair pasta with pesto sauce/shrimp and salad
Wednesday: Leftover pesto pasta and salad
Thursday: Chicken chili
Friday: Pizza (that I will get for free thanks to mystery shopping!)
Saturday: Leftovers
 
Blog Makeovers by Tara