Friday, July 15, 2016

Dinner Menu: Week of 7.10

I remember when I lived by myself, and my now husband I were dating, but only got to have meals (together) on the weekend for the most part. Most nights, I'd just eat a bowl of cereal for dinner because it was way too much work to make a meal that only I was going to eat. Every now and then I was inspired to cook, but I'm almost positive I survived on single frozen meals and cereal. I honestly don't remember very well....but, I do remember thinking, it'll be great when I have a family and I cook dinner every night--it'll be a varied and healthy menu!

Fast forward 7 years....and most nights I'm thinking, can't I just feed everyone cereal tonight? Coming up with an actual meal that everybody will eat is becoming harder everyday! But alas....it still gets done. Even if it is last minute....

Sunday: Leftover pasta w/ marinara sauce
Monday: Poppyseed chicken w/ brown rice
Tuesday: Leftover chicken
Wednesday: Skillet cooked bratwursts, baked potatoes & broccoli
Thursday: Blueberry pancakes & scrambled eggs
Friday: Local Jamaican restaurant where I have a Groupon!
Saturday: White bean soup
 
Blog Makeovers by Tara