Thursday, January 28, 2016

Nuby Review: Trainer Sippeez 2 Handle No-Spill Stainless Steel Soft Sipper

So you may remember some of my older posts about the Nuby sippy cups I'd received to review. While they worked great, they were all plastic, and most of you know we try to use either glass or stainless steel in our kitchen, as we raise our boys.  Well, it seems Nuby has listened to its customers (and it's nice to know I'm not the only one that was requesting a change in material!), and has come out with multiple stainless sippy cups!

I actually received two different ones but will review the one we are currently using. The Nuby Trainer Sipeez 2 Handle No-Spill Stainless Steel Soft Sipper Clik-it Cup is up first. Got all that? I am a fan of the two handles, as my 1 year old is not quite ready for no handles....but he learned how to use this cup very quickly which was a huge relief to me. We still have to help him hold the cup up, on occasion, as he is used to a cup with a weighted straw that doesn't need to be tipped. But, it's an all plastic cup with an annoyingly tiny straw that has to be cleaned regularly, so I'm not a fan of using it long-term. It was a great transition from the bottle top the sippy though.....so, there's that!

Anyway, back to the Nuby cup--I really have no complaints at all! The stainless steel makes the cup a bit heavy for my little one, but it's easy to clean, is only 3 pieces total, and is very durable. The spout is made of silicone so the materials in the cup are 100% approved by mama and daddy. :) I tried to get a few shots of Charlie using the cup, but it was not happening. By the time I got a shot, he'd dropped thrown it on the floor!

The cup says it's for 6+ months, but even at 12 months, my guy had a bit of trouble with it. So, I'd save for a slightly older baby. It keeps drinks cool for up to 10 hours which is awesome since cups get left out at our house all the time! Right now, the cup is only available at Babies 'R Us, but I hope to see it available many other places soon!

Disclosure: I am writing this post as part of the NUBY Mommy Blogger Program.  I did not receive compensation for this post, however, I did receive items to sample or review.  All opinions are 100% honest and my own.
 
Blog Makeovers by Tara