Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Couponing for Camping!

So the boys and I spent Saturday night camping at church. Well, that's a lie. I went home with the baby because he was not feeling good and ended up waking up every 1.5 hours. So not fun. But, we did stay and play and roast hot dogs and marshmallows until poor Charlie could barely hold his head up anymore!

There were not many of us, but we decided an easy dinner around the fire ring would be brats and hot dogs with whatever sides we decide to bring. I was excited to see brats on sale at Publix and I had a store and manufacturer coupon for them! That just doesn't happen a whole lot any more....

Of course I also had to buy the obligatory S'more makings, and was a bit too excited to get the graham crackers BOGO. If only the chocolate and marshmallows had been on sale too...... But, I threw this trip together during a lunch hour, so I thought I did pretty good savings-wise for putting about 5 minutes of thought into it! I of course go no pictures, but Sam was none too find of the S'more....he said it was too sticky! I made the sacrifice and ate the one he made...it was tough, but somebody had to!

Total Retail: $45.90
Total OOP: $31.90
Savings: 32%

Publix Oats @ $1.89

(2) Nabisco Honeymaid Graham Crackers @ 2/$4.19 (BOGO)

(3) Johnsonville Brats @ 3/$10 (reg. $3.99)
    -$1.50/3 found in Publix Advantage Flyer
    -$1/1 Johnsonville sausage found in SS 6/21
Final Price: 3 for $7.50 or $2.50 per package

(3) Arnold Hot Dog Buns @ 2/$3.59, so  $5.39 total (BOGO)

Hershey's 6-Pack @ $3.95

Publix Marshmallows @ $1.99
 
 
Blog Makeovers by Tara