Monday, December 29, 2014

Influenster Vox Box: Lansinoh Double Electric Breast Pump

As a member of Influenster, I received the Lansinoh Double Electric Breast Pump to try and review.
Now, when I received this, there seemed like a good chance I would be pumping for a baby at this point, but Baby #2 is staying put and I don't think going to make an appearance before Lansinoh would like some feedback. (I am due tomorrow, but this baby is showing no signs of making an appearance anytime soon!) I have actually tried two other breast pumps at this point with Sam; the Medela Pump in Style and Ameda Purely Yours. Both are double electric models and run anywhere from $200-$300. As you can see below, this pump came fully equipped for the price! It runs about $115, which is obviously much cheaper than it's other competitors.
2 bottles+milk bag+nursing pads+flanges+travel bag+bottle tops+nipple. I really like the size of this pump as it seems easy for travel...which is huge when you're a working mom and on the go all the time! It is very lightweight, but I think that may also be its downfall as well. The plastic of some of the parts does not seem as durable as its competitor pumps, and I'm a little afraid it might break with heavy usage.
A little closer view of the travel bag and smaller parts. One thing I do like is the silicone edges around the flanges. This seems a bit more comfy than just hard plastic on a very sensitive area of your body (at least for a while anyway!) I like to use glass bottles so I probably won't be putting the plastic bottle to use that came with this set, but I appreciate that they include it for other mothers that will go that route.
The actual pump and bottles. As you can see, the pump is made with a closed system design so that milk is not running through the tubes. This is common in most electric pumps these days as it prevents bacteria from growing inside the parts that aren't washed after every use. There are also eight adjustable pumping levels, but not included is a let down level, as the Medela pump features. That is not a make or break feature by any means though, just a personal preference for many.

Here's hoping I am actually able to use this pump in the near future!
 
DISCLAIMER:  I am a member of Influenster and have received a complimentary Lansinoh Double Electric Breast Pump to try and review. All opinions are honest and my own and are not influenced in any way. No other form of compensation was received. 
 
Blog Makeovers by Tara