Monday, December 1, 2014

Crowdtap Review: Scott's Naturals Toss the Tube Toilet Paper

Did you know?
I'm proud to say that doesn't happen in our house since we recycle all of our our rolls, but I can certainly believe that statistic, unfortunately. It is so easy to recycle the rolls, but (being the nosy person that I am) I sometimes sneak a peak into other's bathroom trashcans and see the rolls sitting lifeless in the can. I try my darnedest not to judge; I know not everyone is a crazy recycler like my husband and myself. But honestly, there is just no need for it. I guess Scott saw the same thing....
They have created a toilet paper roll without the tube. When I received the pack to review I showed it to James and he was more excited than I thought he'd be about toilet paper! (Of course, I get excited about the deals I get on toilet paper, so I can't fault him too much.)

While I think the idea is really neat, I was a bit nervous about the durability and quality of the rolls. So of course I immediately ripped open the pack, and stuck a roll on the holder to test it out. It actually went on much more smoothly than I anticipated. The real test came in the middle of the night when this pregnant lady had to get up and empty her bladder (yet again!) I had a bit of a hard time getting the roll to turn, and being half asleep, that was a bit of an annoyance. I would say that is the only drawback--the roll does not turn quite as easily. But within a few days, I've adjusted and it's really no big deal. To save 1.5 million tubes every 45 minutes, I can certainly toss the tube!

What about you? Are you ready to make a change and toss the tube?
Disclosure: This review was made possible by Crowdtap and Scott's. I was provided the featured product free of charge to facilitate my review, but all opinions are 100% mine.
 
Blog Makeovers by Tara