If you are have a few moments this weekend and a hankering for something with pumpkin, these are perfect! Please excuse my lack of a perfect picture...I barely snapped this before digging in the other night!
- 1⅔ cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp all spice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup(ish) plain pumpkin puree
- 1 stick of unsalted butter, melted or softened
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped, or chocolate chips
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line muffin tins with baking cups (I like to use silicone ones).
2) In a medium bowl, whisk together, flour, sugar, spices, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
3) Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, beat together eggs, pumpkin, and butter.
4) Slowly add the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
5) Fold in the chocolate with a spatula.
6) Scoop batter evenly into muffin tins and bake 20-25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
7) Let cool in pan for 5 minutes before removing and cooling completely on a wire rack.
8) Makes 1 dozen muffins.
Adapted from Table For Two