Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Influenster Vox Box: #BraunTherms Review

As a member of Influenster, I was chosen to review the new Braun No-TouchThermometer, and let me tell you, it could not have come at a better time!
Luckily, I haven't had to use a thermometer much with Sam, but on rare occasion, I've tried and been unsuccessful. Holding something in a cranky 2 year old's mouth for 60 seconds is not conducive to a good reading. But, of all nights, he came home in a nasty mood with what I thought might be a low-grade fever.

I didn't even get a picture of the thermometer pretty in the box before I tore it open and put in the batteries (which were included!) to try it out. I immediately tried to take Sam's temp but he wasn't a fan of a bright light being shown on his forehead. So we then showed him how mommy and daddy can do it, and he found it hilarious. But it was a no-go on his forehead. So we dropped it, and figured we would try again later. When he woke up this morning, we immediately grabbed the thermometer to check so that we didn't get him to school only to find out he had a fever. In about 3 seconds, we got an accurate reading and Sam actually thought it was funny to have it done. What a difference a good night's sleep makes! What's awesome is you don't even have to touch the forehead, just hold the thermometer about an inch or two away. And it quite literally takes 3-5 seconds, if that.
In case you are needing more details, the Braun No-Touch thermometer is the first thermometer to take an accurate temperature with a gentle touch of the forehead or no touch at all. The large and bright display is easy to read (it is not on in the picture above, obviously), but would be easy to read in the middle of the night without issue. You do not have to worry about disinfecting this after every use, only replacing the two AA batteries on what I would assume to be a rare basis.  Now, having said all that--this thing is not cheap. It will run you about $50, and would definitely not have been in our budget if we'd wanted one. But, having used it, it is worth the extra cost. I'm still trying to decide whether it's worth THAT much, but I can understand why the cost is so high.

This is definitely my go-to thermometer from now on, and I can't thank Influenster and Braun enough for allowing me the chance to review it!
DISCLAIMER:  I am a member of Influenster and have received a complimentary Braun Forehead Thermometer to try and review. All opinions are honest and my own and are not influenced in any way. No other form of compensation was received. 
 
Blog Makeovers by Tara