Friday, October 10, 2014

Dinner Menu

So my plan was to make the collard green soup on Wednesday--but due to some mis-communication about schedules, I instead left out a pound and a third of ground turkey on the counter all day...and nothing go put into the crockpot. So, come dinner time....there was no dinner. :( So, I went to my back up plan and used a BOGO sandwich to Chick-fil-A that James received after giving blood.

The soup was an experiment...that turned out just ok. I can't say I'm a big fan, and we should've cooked it longer. I assumed 6 hours on low would be enough, but that wasn't the case. The greens and potatoes weren't quite soft like I was hoping for. I froze some of it, but I know I won't really look forward to eating it again. It was a nice change--but I wasn't loving it!
© 
SUNDAY
Baked tilapia, fries & broccoli

MONDAY

Patty melts, spicy corn and black beans

TUESDAY
Leftovers

WEDNESDAY

Chick-fil-A

THURSDAY
Collard green soup

FRIDAY

Leftovers

SATURDAY
Pasta (of some sort; haven't decided what to make yet!)
 
Blog Makeovers by Tara