Thursday, September 11, 2014

Wedding Anniversary #5

I started writing this post on Monday, but have gotten sidetracked this week, and am just now getting around to posting!

James and I just celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary last weekend...with a 2 yr old, another on the way, and James working on his PhD, I certainly couldn't have imagined this life 5 years ago! As per his usual, James pulled off a surprise, that I barely caught onto right before he revealed it. We were supposed to have dinner while our toddler stayed with my in-laws. Being the sneaky husband he is, James had gone and found a great deal on a hotel right next to the airport that just so happened to have a restaurant he'd been wanting to try. They ended up giving us this huge suite on the 20th floor, because James asked for a room "with a view of the planes." I was so nervous we were going to get a surprise $500 bill the next morning, but low and behold, we didn't, and James had even figured out how to get a full breakfast buffet at the hotel for free. To say I was impressed was an understatement. We really enjoyed our time in a room that was entirely too big for just the two of us, and happily picked up Sam the next morning just before a trip the zoo.

Since it is Thursday, I decided to add some #throwbackthursday photos as well. I love looking at our wedding pictures. If you live in the Atlanta area, and are ever in need of a photographer, contact Lindsey Lingenfelter at LindenTree Photography. She mostly does just natural light photography, but was willing to use a few flashes at our wedding. And, I think you'll agree, created some beautiful pictures! We will be forever grateful for the memories she helped to create that night.

Chili dogs, burgers, onion rings & fries-yum!!!




Engagement photo 4 months before wedding 
Dancing in the moonlight
The Varsity (an Atlanta staple) catered the reception
Two preachers and best friends



 
Blog Makeovers by Tara