Thursday, July 10, 2014

Nuby Review: Softflex Infafeeder

I have to apologize to Nuby, who were so nice to give me the opportunity to review items for them-once I found out I was pregnant, all symptoms hit, and I was lucky to make it through each day it felt like....thus blogging became sparse, and I never got to review the last product I promised them I would. And I will admit--since it's more for an infant (hence the name), I was hesitant to figure out how to use it for a toddler. But, I did! And, it actually worked better than I thought it would.The SoftFlex™ Infafeeder™ offers a fully interchangeable solution with your bottles and can be used to introduce babies to their first foods. The SoftFlex™ bottle allows you to squeeze the right amount of baby food onto the silicone spoon, which is soft on sensitive gums. (Side note: can Nuby please make the whole cup silicone? That would make me a happier mama!)
I decided to put applesauce in the infafeeder to test it out--it took a bit of getting used to! I would just squeeze and out came alot of air and a tiny squirt of applesauce; and Sam would howl with laughter. I had to learn to tilt the cup enough to see it in the top, then squeeze ever so gently, and it came out of the itty bitty hole onto the spoon. For a toddler who wants his applesauce now, it was a bit slow....but for an infant learning how to eat purees, I think this would be a great alternative.

Then Sam had to try it....
But was not very successful. He expected it to come out like a straw...which is not quite how it works! But, boy did he give it a good try.

And then I said, give me a big ole' smile and a cheese! And this was the result:
Yep, he's a goofball! Overall, we are a little past the stage of needing a utensil like this, but it was alot less messy to eat on the couch (which is a treat itself!) than a bowl of applesauce would be. That would be all over my couch before I could say be careful....I will definitely put this to more use in about a year when baby #2 decides it's time to start eating!

You can find the Softflex Infafeeder at the following retailers:
  • Kohls.com
  • Ross Dress for Less
  • K-Mart
 
Blog Makeovers by Tara