Wednesday, July 30, 2014

A Week at St. Simons

We were lucky enough to be able to tag along on my parent's vacation last week to St. Simons Island, GA. Now that Sam has become very aware of the world around him, the beach seemed like a great idea. And, having help from the grandparent's certainly helped out this tired and pregnant mama! We got to see a 7 foot tiger shark being fished out of the ocean (fascinating and sad at the same time), many flounders caught, a couple of stingrays, and more. Sam was just fascinated by the strong breeze right next to the ocean and all the water. So. Much. Water!

At the beach, Sam was a bit weary of the sand and water at first, but once daddy introduced him to all the fun to be had, he was all for it. This is the "sandcastle" my husband and Sam begin building. Well, my husband built, and Sam thought it was fun to take patches of mud out of and put in his bucket.
That bucket came with a few shovels and I bought it on clearance at Target last summer...best $1 I've spent in a while! He absolutely loves them, regardless of whether we're at home or the beach.
Finally, Sam decided he could add mud to the castle himself. :) This was obviously when the tide was really far out, and there were sandbars all over the place.
This was the best family shot we could get. I had kind of dressed up Sam that night for dinner, thinking we might try and get some family pictures at the beach that evening...my husband didn't get the "dress up" memo though, which didn't matter because Sam was soaked the second he set foot in the water. So, this is the best we got!
I have grown up staying at Epworth by the Sea whenever we went to St. Simons. Believe it or not, I've never stayed anywhere else on the island! My husband took this photo on a bike ride he took early one morning. It's a neat place to walk around (or bike!) if it's not blazing hot outside.
 James also took this photo on his early morning bike ride of the sun rising over the beach.
 And last but not least, I leave you with a picture of this goober, cheesin' it up for the camera!
 
Blog Makeovers by Tara