Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Nuby Review: Oral Care Set

Ya'll know I've been reviewing a few items that Nuby sent me to try recently. It's been a lot of fun, but I can't say the item reviewed in this post has brought this mama much but tears! Well, not so much tears from me, but from my toddler. Does anybody else feel like they have to gear up for battle when it's time to brush teeth? Goodness.

We've been brushing Sam's teeth with the little finger brush for months which has been fairly easy--I wish I'd gotten to review this oral care set earlier, and started with more a "real" brush. Oh well, you live and learn. While Sam is great at brushing his tongue with the brush (see above!), his teeth are a different story. :( He clamps his mouth shut and refuses to let that brush anywhere near his teeth. Now, when my husband and I are both there, one of us can hold him while the other acts ridculously silly while trying to get the brush in here and there....but that is not always the case, unfortunately..

One thing we've begun to notice is that the bristles on the brush are already beginning to split off.....maybe we brush too hard? It just does't seem like it will last very long. But, on the other hand, it is the perfect size for Sam to hold himself vs. an adult toothbrush.
Far left can be used at 3 months-far right is what we use now
This set comes with 3 "brushes," with the first one being of use as young as 3 months to brush the gums. Now that we've been through it, I think I would start brushing gums at a younger age, to get baby and parents used to it, and keep the gums healthy. This 3-stage oral care set can be found at Food Lion. You can see how thrilled Sam is to let me brush his teeth....
video

You can find out more about any Nuby products you are interested by visiting Nuby at any of these places:      
Disclosure: I am a NUBY Mommy Blogger and I was provided the item for review without compensation.  Any and all opinions expressed are my own.
 
Blog Makeovers by Tara