St. Patrick's Day is coming up in a few days and is the day when the beloved patron saint of Ireland is celebrated. Obviously, the theme of the day is anything and everything that has to do with Ireland, especially the color green. My husband and I both have a little bit of Irish blood running through our veins, so we like to have fun on St. Patrick's Day.
I thought it would be fun to think about how "green" we can be on such a green day! Here are some ideas to keep in mind for Monday.
- make your own green decorations from recycled paper-I'm thinking this might be fun to do with our toddler this weekend! How cute would this four leaf clover be to give to grandparents?
|Credit given to The Parent Patch|
- if you go with the Irish staple of corned beef and cabbage, look into organically grown beef. In our house, we will be having Irish bangers from Trader Joe's and mashed potatoes on Monday night for dinner!
- or if you're vegetarian, go for some Irish vegetable stew!
- wear an organic and/or 100% cotton green shirt
- buy locally produced beer (and add a little food coloring if you're feeling really green!) My husband is a fan of Sweetwater (brewery located in Atlanta), but he also like a good Guinness around St. Patty's Day!
- make your house more green by buying/keeping houseplants that constantly clean the air
Do ya'll have any other tips to share on making this green day even greener? Have a great St. Patrick's Day!