Friday, March 7, 2014

Money-Making Apps

Do ya'll use any of the money making apps that are available? My favorites right now are Ibotta and Checkout51. I have also been introduced to some news one as well, and am really finding that they are yet another easy way to make money. Now, if you are afraid of companies "spying" on you, then these probably aren't for you, but I'm not really worried--I know they are spying regardless!

I am always looking for ways to help out local schools. We collect BoxTops like crazy, so a way to help them out digitally is even better! This app is called Shoparoo and it awards you points based on items you buy. You just upload your receipt, and the school you pick (so for example, I picked the elementary school closest to our house since we don't have kids of school age yet) will receive points based on what you upload. It's so easy! You don't get told what specific items they're looking for, so some receipts are worth more than others. One from Target the other day with $50 worth of diapers and wipes was worth 510 points, where most of my receipts are between 20 and 30 points.

Another one I really like is Scantopia. If you are a fan of scanning barcodes, this one is for you! Every couple of days, I just go around my kitchen and scan new items I've bought. Some items are worth money, others are worth coins. You will easily collect a few dollars and many many coins which you can use to enter sweepstakes. If you don't mind using my referral code (AU-78E-GK), I'd really appreciate it, and you should get a little boost to begin as well!

This one is relatively new, but most couponers have heard about it by now. Checkout51 pays you cash when you purchase select items at ANY store or even online. You can download the app, or if you don’t have a smartphone, you can use Checkout51 on your computer! Offers go live on Thursdays at 12AM in each time zone and they expire the following Wednesday at 11:59PM in each time zone. You must purchase items and submit the receipts while the offers are live.

 
Blog Makeovers by Tara