Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Homemade Toilet Bowl Cleaner

I bought some Dr. Bronner's Castile Soap many moons ago, and it has just sat in my cleaning supplies. I know there are so many uses for it, but I just got lazy, somehow thinking it would clean my house itself.
I had already made some soap to wash hands with, so now it was time to tackle something new. I have become very wary of all the cleaners in our bathroom since many are within easy reach of my toddler, so making a homemade toilet bowl cleaner sounded like a good plan, in hopes to get rid of many of the other more toxic cleaners.

So, I did a little researching, and found a very easy "recipe" for toilet bowl cleaners.

1/4 cup liquid castille soap (I obviously used Dr. Bronner's which can be found on Amazon or at Trader Joes)
2-3 Tablespoons baking soda
1-2 cups of water, depending on the size of your bottle
*essential oils ( I don't have any of these on hand but they're definitely not necessary-just make the bathroom smell nice!)
I used an old mustard bottle which isn't as big as some bottles but is perfect for squirting into the bowl! I usually give the bottle a good shake before I use it, because everything tends to separate. So far, just a few squirts and my toilet is good as new again! (Please excuse the homemade label-I was going for easy, not creative! Hopefully more Dr. Bronner uses to come!
 
Blog Makeovers by Tara