Thursday, January 2, 2014

Nuby Review: Click It No-Spill Insulated Sipper

Ya'll remember when I said I'd been selected to be a Nuby Mommy Blogger? Well, I received my assortment of items to review, and decided to go with what I think will be the most used product first. My son is almost 20 months, and while he's mastered every sippy cup out there that we've tried, he's not quite ready for a cup without a lid yet. After looking at the cups Nuby makes, I decided to try the Click It No-Spill Insulated Sipper. The name just about covers everything it does....

My favorite feature is the click. Cheesy as it sounds, there have been countless times when I thought I had a top on, only to have it leak all over the place. This cup clicks right into place so you know it is on correctly and won't leak. It also had a cute pattern on it that was fairly gender neutral...I hate that many cups are either pink/purple or blue/green!
In addition, if true to the name, the cup should provide insulation to the drink inside. I haven't really tested this out, because once I hand the cup over, milk is usually gone within minutes! The cup holds 9 oz and is designed for toddlers ages 18 months+. It retails for around $5.99. There is a silicone spout, which I really appreciate because we try to avoid using plastic cups and containers in our house, as much as possible. The rest of the cup is obviously plastic (but BPA free!), but Sam is not quite steady enough to walk around with a glass just yet!
As you can see, Sam has no issues downing the contents of the cup! I will insert that my only complaint is the silicone mouthpiece...it is kind of tricky to put back in the first time after all the parts have been washed. It took a few minutes of finagling, but once I figured out how it fit, I've had no issue since. I'm hoping that using this cup will help transition him to a cup without a lid, as he learns to "sip", as opposed to using a straw or having a big spout, as some of the sippy cups for younger toddlers/babies do.


These cups are available online at Amazon, Wal-Mart, and Target.

You can find out more about any Nuby products you are interested by visiting Nuby at any of these places:

·         www.facebook.com/nubyusa
·         www.twitter.com/nubyusa
·         www.instagram.com/nubyusa
·         www.pinterest.com/nubyusa

Disclosure: I am a NUBY Mommy Blogger and I was provided the item for review without compensation.  Any and all opinions expressed are my own.
 
Blog Makeovers by Tara