Monday, September 2, 2013

Publix 8/28: 39% Savings (eek!)

I had this post ready to go on Thursday, I just needed to get on my desktop to add the picture...and wouldn't you know I completely forgot about it! So, sorry for the late posting on a not super exciting trip.

So, funny story: I picked up my son from daycare and knew we needed to make a quick stop at Publix before this sale cycle ended. Now that I'm working, my couponing and time to shop leisurely has become very limited, so our pantry is beginning to look more bare than it has looked in a long time! Even though he eats a snack right before I pick him up, my little booger, Sam, always seems hungry when we get home. In fact, we just taught him the sign for food, and now he walks over to the fridge, points to it, signs food and looks at me with a ridiculously cute face. What's a mom to do?!?! Well, on this particular day we went straight to Publix, and when we were getting back in the car, Sam grabbed the container of figs, so I let him have it to keep the whining to a minimum. It's a very short ride home so I didn't think he'd actually have time to figure out how to get it open......well, turns out I was wrong! By the time we got home and I go to get him out, Sam is taking bite after bite out of each fig and putting them back in, trying another. Oy vey.....lesson learned. That kid is a genius....obviously. :)

Anyway, on to what I actually bought. All of this cost $23, and that was after coupons and sales! Eek. I can definitely tell our grocery bill has increased this year thanks to a rise in prices and a bottomless pit 15 month old. Ugh, and I just realized I forgot to use a coupon I had for the the OJ, so I'll just take my receipt back to CS and get reimbursed the whole .75! (And by the time I actually got this posted, I had accomplished that task!)

Total before coupons & store sales: $37.35
Total OOP: 23.51
Savings: 39% (EEK!)

(4) Cascadian Farms Organic Cereal @ $3.99 each, so $15.96 total (yikes!)
      -(2) $2/2 CF cereal or frozen fruit found in Publix Advantage Flyer
      -$1/2 peelie found on product
Final Price: $9.96

Figs @ $2.99 (BOGO)

.97 lbs Grapes @ $1.99/lb
     -no coupon
Fanatic Price: $1.97

Publix Sour Cream @ $1.09
 
Blue Bell Ice Cream @ $4.99 (reg. 6.49)
     -$1/1 BB Ice Cream received in package my husband received for running the Peachtree Road       Race
Final Price: $3.99

Simply Orange Juice @ $3 (reg. $3.99)
     -.75/1 found HERE
Final Price: $2.25
 
Blog Makeovers by Tara