Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Crockpot Cheese Tortellini Review

Ya'll, I did not expect this crockpot meal to be so good.....but it was delicious!  I'm thinking next time I may double the recipe and freeze half of it for later.  It was so stinkin' easy to make, fairly healthy (well, minus the brick of cream cheese....), and just as tasty 3 days later. Oh, and not to mention frugal!
Please go make this as soon as you can! Notes and recipe below:

Ingredients:
1 (19oz) bag of frozen cheese tortellini
1 small bag of fresh spinach
 2 (14.5 oz) cans of Italian style diced tomatoes, drained (I used 1 Rotel, 1 chopped tomatoes)
1 block (8 oz) of cream cheese
1 lb. of ground sausage or chicken/turkey sausage (I used 1/2 lb and it was plenty)
4 cups of chicken broth

Brown the sausage
Put tomatoes, cream cheese, chicken broth and browned meat in crockpot
Cook on low for 4-6 hrs.
About 30 min-1 hr before it's finished, add tortellini and spinach

Serves 4-6

This cost me about $7 to make, and fed us for 5-6 meals, so roughly $1/meal.  Remember that I didn't buy any of these items full-price though, and the meat was free (this time), so it might cost a little more for you.
 
Blog Makeovers by Tara