Monday, February 25, 2013

Random Ramblings

Well, it's been a while since I just rambled a little...probably 3-4 months-ish?  I remember writing a few random posts when I was still swaddling my baby and holding him for naps...and we quit swaddling at 4 months, and he's 9 1/2 months now!  Time sure does fly...I cannot even believe we are coming up on his first birthday in just 2 months.  I may start to cry while writing this post....

I accepted a full-time position (kind of on a whim) and had to put my baby boy in daycare. This has been hard one both of us.  Learning to re-take a bottle has been a fight, and he has no interest in sippy cups.  He does at least eat well, but I do worry he's not getting all the nutrients he needs some days. While some days staying at home with him seemed really long, I feel like I barely get to see him now.  My days at the office seem long, and I feel like I'm missing out on his life.  I then have to remind myself that because of my frugality, I was able to stay at home with him for 9 months-which is more than many moms, unforutnately.  I never thought I'd be a stay at home....but now that I'm not, I definitely miss it!

Since I still nursing, I've been pumping at work and at night, to send bottles the next day to daycare.  The bottles are so much more work than I'm used to!  I must be lazy because nursing seems so much easier than washing and drying all the bottles-but I know it's what is best for my little one right now, so I can take an hour out of each day to pump the good stuff for him.  When I pick him up from daycare though, he has his eye on one thing, and if my husband picks him up, he is not a happy camper!

At 9 1/2 months, my baby doll still has no teeth-which is just fine with this nursing mama! He's still not a good sleeper, and he's taking one or two 20 minute naps at daycare each day because there is just too much going on to sleep, so he comes home cranky and exhausted.  Adjusting to a morning schedule has been hard, but we are learning. 

There is probably plenty more to share, but I'll leave you with that for now.  It's been a rough 2 weeks of adjustment, but we are getting there slowly but surely.  Instead of lamenting the fact that I am back to work for more hours than I'd like, I'll rejoice in the weekends, and hope for warm weather soon.  We are planning a trip to the zoo in March, so I hope the weather cooperates!
 
Blog Makeovers by Tara