Thursday, February 28, 2013

Pinterest Meal: Crockpot Cheese Tortellini

I have definitely been on a Pinterest inspired meal kick as of late.  It has helped to give me some new ideas in terms of cooking and baking, although I usually don't have the time to bake all the delicious goodies I pin.  I even started a Pinterest board to pin recipes I've tried, and written a super short thumbs up/thumbs down review for each recipe. 

We are headed out tonight after dinner to go see my sister down in Jacksonville, FL.  We are night driving so the little one will sleep (fingers crossed!), so we'll arrive in the wee hours of the morning. I wanted an easy dinner though, and the crockpot seemed like a good solution.  I can also easily freeze any leftovers, or stick them in the fridge and they'll still be fine when we get back on Sunday.

So, I'm trying this recipe for Cheese Tortellini in the crockpot.  I was thinking ahead last night and browned some sausage, ran home during lunch today, and threw it all into the pot, minus the spinach and pasta.  I was afraid those would get a little over-cooked; I think an hour for each should be sufficient after I get home, without making them overly-soggy.

I'll be back with a review in a few days...you can check out what other recipes I've tried here!
 
Blog Makeovers by Tara