Thursday, November 15, 2012

Recipe: Mexican Breakfast

Sorry for the lack of posting....I've been busy trying to figure out why (with the help of my awesome father-in-law while my husband teaches) our HVAC system died.  So here I sit in a cold house, trying to keep my baby and myself as warm as possible because the part we ordered won't come in for another week.  Boo.  But, it was pay $200 and wait a week or pay $1000 and get it fixed today.  My frugal self figured we could wrap up in blankets and get out of the house as much as possible to save $800!

Anywho, I haven't posted a recipe in forever because I always forget to take pictures since I'm usually trying to cook as fast as possible.  This is an oldie but goodie in my family, that I introduced to my husband when we got married.  Since he is a HUGE fan of breakfast and salsa, it's not an understatement to say he is a fan of this dish.

Ingredients:
1 lb hot ground sausage (I use a Jimmy Dean roll)
3 large potatoes, diced
Chili powder, pepper, salt
6 eggs, scrambled
1 small onion (or use onion powder)
1 jalepeno pepper (optional)
Shredded cheese
Sour cream
Salsa
Tortillas
1) Season potatoes with chili powder, pepper and salt after they've been diced.

2) Place ground sausage in pan to begin browning.  After a few minutes, add diced potatoes so that they begin to soften, along with onion and jalapeno, as desired.

3) After sausage is cooked and potatoes are softened, add scrambled eggs.

4) Reduce heat and stir until eggs are spread evenly throughout dish.
5) Place mixture on soft tortilla's and add whatever toppings you like, including cheese, salsa, & sour cream.

 
Blog Makeovers by Tara