Friday, September 28, 2012

Consignment Sale Finds

I went to the preview night of the consignment sale at the church my sister works at last night.  Since she works in the young children's school she was able to get me a pass to the preview night....usually this is only available to consignors and volunteers; I will definitely be a consignor next year! I went in just planning on mainly buying a few clothes for when my little one hits the 9-12 month mark.....but I found some great finds!

I spent about $70 for all of this, but I know the Vera Bradley diaper bag and rocking horse from FAO Swartz alone were probably $70 by themselves.  I paid $10 for the horse and $15 for the bag.  I also paid $6 for 3 FuzziBunz cloth diapers....while they aren't my favorite print, they were $2 each....that is near impossible to beat.  I'd also been looking at silicone place mats and a cover for the shopping cart/restaurant high chairs....I really didn't want to spend the money (nor did my husband think it was necessary) on the buggy cover, but this one was $3.50....and so padded I kind of wanted to put it in my seat! The outit with the alligator on it was brand new...still had the Carter's tag on it.  I didn't buy nearly as much as most people there, but I also don't have a huge budget either....this was much more than I was planning to spend, but I think I got some great deals, and it's got me excited about being able to consign some stuff next year, so maybe I can actually get close to breaking even.  Maybe.....
 
Blog Makeovers by Tara