Thursday, August 30, 2012

Random Ramblings

1) My baby is just about too big to nap on my chest anymore, which makes me sad. I love cuddling with him, but he doesn't curl up in a ball and snuggle close like the newborn days. I totally understand why people have another baby so quickly...but then I remember the sleepless nights (that still happen occasionally) and the recovery from birth, and realize I can wait a while...I dont know how I'd handle two!

2) I am actually pretty excited about LO's (little one) 4 month appt...I can't wait to get an accurate reading on length and weight growth...but I know it will definitely be an increase from two months ago! Not looking forward to more shots...but we'll be fine, just like his two month appt.

3) I made some chocolate chip pumpkin mini muffins last weekend...they were good, but then I came across this recipe that I've used before but had totally forgotten about-chocolate chip pumpkin brownies. Yes please. I still have some pumpkin left, so those will be made this weekend...in between a busy schedule of Labor Day activities. (I'd post the link but it's more work than its worth on my phone right now)

4) Speaking of Labor Day, our 3 year anniversary is coming up this weekend! I can't believe it's been 3 years, but life has changed so much since September 2009, and I am so grateful I married an awesome husband and father. My husband has made reservations somewhere but I'm not sure where...but I love surprises and he loves planning surprises so it works out well. :)

5) Another event going on this weekend? My future sister in law's bridal shower! My brother is getting married in a few weeks, so we're going to have fun showering his fiancée this weekend; well, just as soon as I get some baby gear cleared out of my house so it doesn't look like it has been completely taken over by a tiny tyke. :)
 
Blog Makeovers by Tara