Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Random Ramblings

I am sitting here holding my baby while he sleeps after a restless night for the both of us...actually the 2nd night in a row, and about the 4th in the last week and a half. I've realized if I want to blog regularly, some of it will have to be via my phone. I don't have a "green" post or savings post...but I figured I'd post some of the random thoughts in my head as I sit here and listen to my child who has finally fallen asleep, breathe.

1) Babies are so gassy...and I know some are worse than others, but I had no idea I'd be up with him every half hour at 3 1/2 months old trying to get burps out just so we can both get some sleep. Not fun I tell you.

2) I am in the mood to bake...specifically some pumping chocolate chip muffins, but with this kid waking up so randomly on me these days, I just know I'll put him down for a nap and he'll wake up crying as soon as my hands are submerged in raw dough. I was excited yesterday that I actually made baked ziti without him attached me. Yes, big accomplishment!

3) The penny item at Publix tomorrow is Greenwise toilet paper. My favorite penny item. How sad is it that I'm always excited to get 4 rolls of tp for a penny? Ahhh, the joys of adulthood and paying for necessary items!

4) I love summer but this girl is ready for fall; hence the craving for something baked with pumpkin. :)

5) I love that I can reconnect with old friends, classmates, family etc. on Facebook...but the feelings of hatred over the presidential election (among other issues) makes me so sad. We all have opinions that range from one side of the spectrum to the other and I know I differ greatly from even close friends and family sometimes...but it seems respect has completely disappeared from the internet and as cheesy as it sounds...it really hurts my heart to see people be so brutally mean. I could go on and on about that, as well as tell you how stinking adorable my baby is, even when he doesn't sleep. But I'll end my thoughts there for today. If you're lucky I may be back next week with a few more random ramblings.
 
Blog Makeovers by Tara