Monday, June 25, 2012

Publix 6/21: 49% Savings

This trip was a lesson in reading signs carefully...as a result, I got some super cheap Magnum ice cream!  It should've been free with the store coupon, but the CS guy forgot to take it off, and as cheap as I was getting it, I figured I'd just save my coupons for later.  There was a sign on the freezer door that said, "Magnum Ice Cream 2 for $1.25".  I knew this was wrong...there were store coupons for $1.25, but they were on sale for 2/$6, or $3 per box.  Someone at corporate goofed....but the sign was plain as day and while I was just going to not worry about it, another lady next to me made a huge deal...so she brought it CS attention and a couple of us received cheap and really delicious ice cream!  Since I have other high value coupons on the Magnum that they said I couldn't use which would've created some overage (which isn't true, but I didn't feel like fighting), I decided not to buy everything I'd planned on getting and make another trip back before the sale cycle ends.

And yes, I also bought Klondike bars...so yes, our freezer has lots of ice cream and will get some more...no, I am not ashamed. 

Total before coupons & store savings: $35.74
Total OOP: $13.21
Savings: 49%

(2) Magnum at 2/$6, but price adjusted per Publix Promise
    -had coupon but it wasn't scanned :(
Final Price: 2 for $1.25 or .64 each

(4) Campbell's Great for Cooking Soups @ 4/$5
     -.30/4, doubled, found in 4/1 SS
     -$1/4 found in entrance to store (Publix q)
Final Price: 4 for $3.40 or .85 each

Clabber Girl Baking Powder @ $1.25
    -no coupon

(2) Klondike @ 2/$3.25 (BOGO)
     -$1/2 found HERE
Final Price: 2 for $2.25 or $1.12 each

Don Pancho Tortillas @ $1.89
     -no coupon

Nature's Own Honey Wheat Bread @$1.45 (BOGO)
    -no coupon

Rasberries @ $1.99
     -no coupon

Publix Apple Juice @ $2.69
    -Mystery Penny Item in Thursday's paper
Final Price: a penny!  (but I don't like apple juice, so I donated it)
 
Yakisoba Noodles @ .50 (BOGO)
     -.50/1, doubled, found in 5/20 SS
Final Price: FREE + .50 overage!

Snicker's Bar @ .99
    -Free Snickers's up to $1 won in instant win game
Final Price: FREE!
 
Blog Makeovers by Tara