Friday, May 4, 2012

Publix 5/3: Pretzel's for a Penny!

Well, I think this sweet baby is going to sit tight as long as possible...with his due date looming on Sunday, I don't see much sign of him making an appearance by then!  Maybe some spicy food on Cinco de Mayo will help coax him out....

On a different note, there wasn't much I wanted/needed to pick up yesterday at Publix.  The hospital will allow me to eat popsicles while I'm in labor, but that's it....lucky for me they went BOGO yesterday!  Talk about good timing. :) I was also excited that pretzels were the penny item--a good snack for those of who will be homebound in a few days! The vitamins will be donated and after taxes, they ended up not being much of a moneymaker, but I hope someone will find a good use for them--while I know I'm lucky and fairly healthy, there are many who deal with alot more struggles in trying to stay healthy.  I know alot of churches that go on mission trips to 3rd world countries and like to collect vitamins to take because those communities are so mal-nourished....point being, there is somebody who needs them!

Total before coupons & store sales: $21.52
Total OOP: $5.20
Savings: 76%

(2) Popsicle @ 2/$4.15 (BOGO)
      -$1/2 Popsicle products found HERE (Target q)
      -.50/1, doubled, on Yosicle product found HERE
Final Price: $2.15 for both or $1.07 each

Stonyfield Organic Yogurt Pint @ $3.69
      -.50/1 Stonyfield product, doubled, emailed by company
Final Price: $2.69

Publix Iodized Salt @ .45
      -no coupon

(2) Sundown Naturals Vitamins @ $3.29 each, so $6.58 total
     -$5/2 any Sundown vitamins found in Green Advantage Flyer
     -(2) $1.10/1 found HERE
Final Price: .62 overage, or .23 overage after tax

Publix Pretzel Sticks @ $1.99
     -Mystery Penny Item in Thursday's AJC
Final Price: a penny!
 
Blog Makeovers by Tara