Saturday, February 18, 2012

Fried...Radish Chips?

We got MORE radishes this week...sorry to not post our delivery.  My husband got it all put away before I could get a picture of it, but all you need to know is there were more radishes.  There were also turnip greens, which I really thought were the same things as collard greens basically, but apparently they are slightly different.  Yay for more greens...(note the sarcasm!).  But, my doc did say I was low on iron this week, so I guess it's meant to be that we're getting these greens each week.  It would helpful if someone else would come over and cook them for me though....:).

Anywho, in a moment of inspiration last night, my husband decided that making radish chips may make them more palatable to me.  I mean, who doesn't love frying anything in bacon grease, right?  So that we did.  We chopped them up really thin-like, dunked them in some seasoned salt and went to town frying those things.  In the process, we set off the fire alarm....oops!  But my husband was right...they were much better than the ones I tried to cook 2 weeks ago!  On the upside, if our house ever catches on fire, we should know immediately since that's the 2nd time we've set it off in a month...which says absolutely nothing about our cooking skills, if that's what you were thinking...
 
Blog Makeovers by Tara