Wednesday, February 1, 2012

CSA Delivery #1

Like I mentioned in my last post, we opted to buy into a CSA (community supported agriculture) that will go for the next 5 weeks. It was $30/week for a full box, but since there are just the 2 of us, we opted to split this with someone else.  So, we paid $75 for 5 week's worth.  Compared to supermarket prices, this isn't bad....but, I also don't normally buy ANY of the items we got this week.  And I have a feeling we'll get alot of the same next week.  So....anybody know how to cook radishes, turnips and/or collard greens?  Because I sure don't!  In fact, I really don't even like radishes or turnips, but I am trying to eat more veggies...and I figured this might force me to do just that.  We'll see how it works out...

Here was our first delivery yesterday...
 
Blog Makeovers by Tara