Friday, January 27, 2012

Publix 1/26

I had a fairly good trip to Publix yesterday....along with Super H Mart & Aldi....where fruits and veggies are so much cheaper.  I did want to get in on the Kimberly Clark deal though, before it expired on me.  Even though I plan on using cloth diapers, I know those first few days (weeks) will be constant, very non-solid diaper changes, so I'm trying to stock up on some newborn 'sposie's. (disposables for all you non-baby researchers out there) With the deal, you had to buy $35 worth of KC items in 1 trip and you could then sumbit the receipt for a $10 rebate.  Using coupons makes this a pretty good deal, and I since I haven't bought toilet paper in forever ( a year, maybe?), it seemed like a good time to grab some!  And lo and behold, Publix put it on sale this week, just in the nick of time. :) The items that are underlined are included in the rebate so you can see the deal I did. After the rebate and coupons, I will have paid $13.66 for baby items and toilet paper retailing at $40.63.  My husband said, "Eh, not bad!"  I agreed.

I also found 2 big cans of pureed pumpkin that were about 50% off.  Pumpkin tends to disappear in the middle of winer until the next fall, so I was glad to find some to add to my stockpile.  Also, the penny item was chocolate chips....I wish I could've gotten more than 1 deal!

Total before coupons and store savings: $70.91
Total OOP: $35.71
Will receive $10 rebate in mail
Total Final Price: $25.71
Savings: 64% (which is not bad when half of that is expensive baby items!)

Multi-Grain Cheerios @ $4.19
   -$2 in-ad q
   -.75/1 printable (not sure where it came from)
Final Price: $1.44 for the big box

Cottonelle 12-Roll Toilet Paper @ $6.49 (reg $9.19)
    -.50/1, doubled to $1, found in 1/22 SS
    -$1/1 found in Start Your Year Out With Big Savings Publix booklet (store q)
Final Price: $4.49

Huggies Little Snugglers @ $10.99
     -$2/1 Huggies (there were certain size and type restrictions but I can't remember what they were now) found in Publix baby club mailer (store q)
     -$1.50/1 Huggies diaper found in 1/15 SS
Final Price: $7.49

Huggies Little Movers @ $10.99 (these will go to my neighbor since I won't need them!)
     -$3/1 Huggies Little Movers Slip-Ons found in Start Your Year Out With Big Savings Publix booklet (store q)
     -$1/1 Huggies Little Movers Slip-Ons found in 1/15 SS
Final Price: $6.99

Huggies Wipes Refill 184-count @ $6.99
    -$1.50/1 found in Start Your Year Out With Big Savings Publix booklet (store q)
    -.40/1, doubled to .80, found in 1/15 SS
Final Price: $4.69

Huggies Wipes @ $2.47
     -Free Huggies Wipes 64-72-ct wyb Huggies diapers 24-42-ct found in Publix baby club mailer
Final Price: FREE!

(3) Rotel @ 2/$1.49, so $2.24 total (BOGO)
     -.55/3 found in Publix yellow advantage flyer
Final Price: $1.69, or .56 each

Rotel Tomato Sauce @ .79
     -Free Rotel tomato sauce wyb (3) Rotel tomatoes found in 1/22 SS
Final Price: FREE!

(2) Libby Pumpkin Puree @ 2/$3.29 (reg $3.29 each)
     -no coupon

Swanson Chicken Broth @ $2.69
     -$1/1 Swanson chicken broth found in Publix flyer
Final Price: $1.69

Publix Chicken Broth @ $1.99
    -Buy Theirs, Get Ours promotion going on this week
Final Price: FREE!

(2) Goldfish Crackers @ 2/$2.39 (BOGO)
     -no coupon

Publix Chocolate Chips 12 oz @ $2.29
     -Publix Mystery Item coupon in Thursday's AJC
Final Price: should've been a penny, but it was .02 because she put in the amount wrong :(
 
Blog Makeovers by Tara