Sunday, December 18, 2011

Cloth Diaper Journey: In the beginning....

I have known since before I was pregnant that I wanted to use cloth diapers.  I've had friends and family talk about how much they love them, and being quite the environmentalists we are, it only seemed fitting to use them.  But then, I got pregnant....and realized how much I didn't know about cloth diapers!  Talk about overwhelming!  Thankfully, I have a friend who is almost 3 months ahead of me in her pregnancy, so she has been a tremendous help in figuring things out.  She alerted me to the fact that a website that makes the diapers, (cottonababies.com) had just loaded a bunch of what they call "Seconds".  These are CD's that have a minor aesthetic flaw, like an uneven seam, etc, but nothing that affects the functionality of the diaper.  And, they are alot cheaper than a "perfect" diaper...and come with free shipping!  So, I decided to go for it, and order a few...they should come in this week and I can't wait to show them to my husband!  hehe.  I'm sure he'll be thrilled...only pregnant girls can get excited about cloth diapers!

Because we've spent alot on Christmas gifts (well, not alot because I'm so frugal, but more than we spend the rest of the year), I held back and only ordered 2 diapers...but I'm glad I went ahead and got those 2 because it appears they are all gone!  Tell me these 2 bumGenius diapers in ribbit and moonbeam are not precious...

 
Blog Makeovers by Tara