Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Welcome!

For those of you that are old followers, thanks so much for making the move with me!  For those of you that are new, I hope you find this blog to be helpful, but also fun.

Living a more sustainable life is a passion that both my husband and I share (along with a few of our closest friends....).  But, I am also a frugal person.  I love coupons, bargain shopping, clearance, etc.  I often hear that one cannot eat organically and live a "green" life while saving money.  Well my friends, I beg to differ.  Not all of those coupons are for highly processed foods....and not all organic foods are out of my price range.  We stick to a fairly strict budget, but we do not sacrifice what we're putting into our bodies, or how we're treating the earth, because we don't have the money.  It is possible to do both simultaneously, and I learn new ways everyday.  My hope is to share them with you, along with some other fun things in our life like the ridiculous amount of sweets I like to bake (and then eat) or new adventures in growing and cooking what I harvest. 

I grew up using re-usable bags at the grocery store....but there is so much more we can do to help our environment both inside and outside of our homes.  I plan to share with ya'll ways we've found that work for us, in hopes that others can learn from our mistakes and successes.

Ok, enough babbling....there will be plenty of time for that later.  Again, welcome, and I hope you'll stick around a while!
 
Blog Makeovers by Tara