Thursday, August 18, 2011

Publix 8/18

I felt so bad when I walked out of my Publix....I realized I'd just violated their new policy...I'd used a manufacturer, store and competitor coupon on one item...well, actually four of one item, but you get my drift.  New policy states you can only use a manufacturer and competitor or store coupon...not both.  Eek.  But, like I've said before, I've gotten shorted, and they've gotten shorted...so I figure it all balances out.  Plus, if it'd been more than a $1, my conscious would've sent me back in...but it didn't seem like it was worth pursuing by the time I got home and realized my mistake.  The overage helped bring down my OOP for some of the expensive organic items like eggs and peanut butter.
I am going to share the love and give a few of the Resolves to family, who haven't quite figure out how to get something like this free.  Don't worry...I don't stain my clothes that bad!

Total before coupons & sales: $49.53 ($50....really???)
Total after coupons & sales: $12.99
Savings: 74%

(4) Resolve @ 2/$2.99, so $4.98 total
    -$1/$5 purchase of cleaning products found in Kroger home mailer (competitor)
    -(2) $2/2 Resolve stain removers found in Publix yellow flyer (store)
    -(2) .50/1, doubled, found in 7/17 & 8/14 SS
    -(2) .65/1 peelie found on product
Final Price: FREE + $3.32 overage!  (Note: Don't be like me and use the Kroger coupon; I really am a coupon nazi!)

(2) Prego Marinara Sauce @ 2/$2.07
     -no coupon

MaraNatha Organic Peanut Butter @ $5.29
     -$1/1 found HERE (Whole Foods)
     -$1/1 found HERE
Final Price: $3.29

Swanson Chicken Broth @ $2.69
    -$1/1 found HERE
Final Price: $1.69

Eggland's Best Organic Eggs @ $4.29
    -.50/1, doubled, found in 7/31 SS
Final Price: $3.29

(2) Seattle's Best Coffee @ 2/$7.99 (Coffee has gotten EXPENSIVE!)
     -$1.50/1 & $1/1 found in 8/14 SS
Final Price: $5.49 or $2.75 each

Pepperidge Farm Bakes Naturals @ 2/$3.49, so $1.03 total
     -$1/1 found in Publix (store q)
     -.50/1, doubled, found in 6/12 SS
Final Price: FREE + .97 overage!
 
Blog Makeovers by Tara