Tuesday, August 16, 2011

CVS 8/16

I had $10 in ECB's that were burning a whole in my pocket...they were going to expire this weekend, and the sales haven't done anything for me the last 2 weeks.  So, I figured I'd buy some more diapers.  And, try this new Gatorade water since it was free and would just roll the ECB's.

Now, I am an advocate of cloth diapers, both for the environment and my wallet....when the time comes, that is!  They've come a long way since I was a baby!  But, I know they are not everybody's cup of tea, and giving diapers at baby showers is a cheap alternative for me, and for the receiving parents...because they probably would've paid full-price for them, otherwise!  Since the magic coupon machine gave me a $3/15 diaper purchase, and the Pampers were spitting out ECB's, I figured I'd go for it.  It also easily got my total up to $25 so I could use the $5/25 coupon I'd gotten in my email.  I'd heard the magic machine was also spitting out free Carmello candy bar coupons and free band-aid coupons...and I was lucky enough to get both!  They were out of the 20 ct band-aids, but let me sub in a different box.  The magic coupon machine is on fire this week...so make sure you scan your card if you get to CVS!

Check out all of the ECB's I got back....that's $5 from the Gatorade, $3 from Pampers, and $1 from my green card (a card I get scanned for using my own bag each time; 4 scans=$1 ECB)!

Total before coupons & ECB's: $39.17
Total after coupone & ECB's: $6.94 (.95 was tax)
Savings: 82%

Pampers Swadlers 84-count @ $19.99
    -$1/1 Pampers box found in PG 7/31/11
    -$3/15 diaper purchase (CVS coupon printed from machine)
    -$10 ECB's
    -$5/25 total purchase
Final Price: .99 cents!
ECB's Earned: $3

Carmello Candy Bar @ $1.19
    -Free Carmello bar (CVS coupon from machine)
Final Price: FREE!

(5) Gatorade Waters @ 5/$5
   - no coupon
Final Price: $5
ECB's Earned: $5

CVS Flex Fabric Band-Aids @ $3.49
    -Free CVS Fabric Band-Aids (CVS coupon from machine)
Final Price: FREE!
 
Blog Makeovers by Tara